[TR] Static Timing

fishplate at charter.net fishplate at charter.net
Wed Sep 9 05:37:30 MDT 2009

---- Wayne <rengrave at verizon.net> wrote:
> Should I remove the distributor and try to re-position the drive gear to the
> next tooth to see if the rotor ends up pointing directly at the # 1
> terminal in the cap at the moment the light goes on @ 12 degrees btdc?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but the relative position of the rotor and point cam lobe cannot be changed by moving the drive gear.  Thus, you cannot get the light to illuminate with the rotor in a different place by moving the gear.

I suspect, as another poster said, that the distributor is being checked in the wrong direction.  Or else the point gap is incorrect.  Or I don't understand the problem.

Jeff Scarbrough
Schmieraffe, Ga.