[TR] Dzus fastener holes in bonnet

Steve Ball banjonut at verizon.net
Mon Sep 7 18:34:44 MDT 2009

Can anyone help me with this one?  The guy who is doing bodywork on my '60
TR3A is now working on the bonnet.  He asked me what the holes for the Dzus
fasters were supposed to look like, and I have no clue.  Mine look funny and
are probably worn, so they might have to be repaired.  He needs to know what
they're supposed to be like.

If anyone has a picture of these holes with no Dzus fasteners installed, it
would be helpful, otherwise a description would be good.  Are they supposed
to be round holes, or oblong (sort of rectangular like mine are)?  Is there
supposed to be a small "ridge" around the hole (like mine) or is the metal
just supposed to come right straight up to the hole....mine has a ridge
around the hole, but that could be caused from wear, or improper
installation of the Dzus fasteners by a prior owner, bending the metal
around the hole.

As usual, any info is appreciated, and many thanks in advance!

Steve Ball
Lompoc Ca
'60 TR3A  TS68164L

email:  banjonut at verizon.net