[TR] Low Oil Pressure and Engine Noises

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Sun Sep 6 19:03:47 MDT 2009

OK, I've taken a shower and done for the day. Boy, it's messy working
underneath the car!

Here's a pic of the #2, center main and #3 bearings. I thought my oil filter
was better!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42214313@N05/3895000572/
Looks like #2 is only working on one side, and both main and #3 have
grooves. Not sure how this compares with other cars that have 40K on them.

BTW, the journals on the crank look mirror smooth, and all bearings are 020.

So, my shopping list is:
Oil Pump and filter screen
Sump gasket
Oil pump gasket
Connecting rod bearings
Main bearings
Plastigage (red?)
Do I need new rod and main bolts?
Aviation gasket goo.
Loctite? Which one?

I haven't pulled the front main bearing cap. Doesn't that have the front
engine support plate gasket glued to it? Hmmm. What am I getting myself
into?

Anything else I need? Besides a beer of course!
Johnnie