[TR] Clutch slave rebuild

Wayne rengrave at verizon.net
Sun Sep 6 11:13:08 MDT 2009

I'm about to rebuild the clutch slave cylinder.
I have TRF kit. and I have a new clutch master cylinder I purchased
from TRF about 9 years ago, hardly used for 1 summer, has been sitting
on the car in my garage for the last 9 years.
Both the slave and the master are still connected by the flex hose.
I plan on rebuilding the slave but I think the master will be ok.

Any tips on the rebuild?
Haven't looked at it yet, but if the slave bore is pitted, I plan to hone it
like I just did for the brake master cylinder.
I hope the surface finish of the bore will be smooth enough to seal.
Do I need a mirror finish or the will the honed finish with small scratches be
ok?

Wayne
73 TR6