[TR] Wiper motor mounting

Ed Woods fogbro1 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 3 18:18:30 MDT 2009

List,

I've purchased a new wiper motor mounting kit which, of course, includes the
three rubber bushings that are supposed to occupy the three holes in the steel
plate under the wiper motor. Same kit for TR3, 4, 250, 6 and probably others.
Back in the days of Lucas and Lucas parts I can recall installing these
bushings w/o a whole lot of cussing. Well, today, the air was blue, but to no
avail. All I managed to do was to scratch some new paintwork.

Has anyone on the list installed these bushings recently (recently as in non
Lucas)? What's the secret to installing them with a minimum of damage to
paint, tools and as little blood as possible?

TIA,

Ed Woods