[TR] Oil pump woes (was Triumphs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 414)

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 3 17:32:51 MDT 2009

I recall what Randall says as well, although I also recall that Don obtained
some drill rod (a bit tougher steel) and either had a shaft made or made one
himself. He has a nice write up somewhere..........it may be on the VTR
website under the maintenance tips. Don't have time to look right now.
I replaced mine before I knew about all of this and I've had several
thousand trouble free miles, maybe close to 6000 at this point  and I don't
exactly baby my car. As an example 4 of us a few years back did a 2500 mile
trip and needed to get home on our last day of the trip. I can say that
almost no one passed us the entire length of the Indiana and Ohio Turnpikes
on one of the hottest days of July. I recall that we maintained about 3500
rpm in overdrive. I enjoyed the looks on peoples faces when 4 TR's passed
them and mine was the newest as a 1966. Fun times with great friends, but
that's what this hobby is about.

JVV