[TR] Re-use of old brake linings

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 2 21:28:55 MDT 2009

I've put about 1K miles on my TR3 since getting it back on the road. I
took the rear wheels and drums off while investigating a high speed
vibration and found that the lining is coming off of one of the rear
shoes. I have no idea how old they are, but they were not oil/brake
fluif soaked when I took the car apart. I am currently having them
relined by a local shop and hoping to have them back in time to go the
All British Field Meet next weekend.

Does the adhesive that they use to bond brake linings have a shelf life?
I guess inquiring minds would like to know.

Mike