[TR] Starter wire

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Sep 1 23:04:32 MDT 2009

> Instead of this ballast resister wire, I have a black wire
> that I think I
> installed when I bought TRF "sport coil" years ago.
> It was so long ago, but I think the instructions that came
> with the sport
> coil directed me to remove the ballast resister wire
> and run a wire from the coil to the fuse box.
>
> Does this sound correct?

Yup, sounds right.  Although there is a version of the "Sport" coil that
should be used with a ballast, I believe TRF only sells the "no ballast"
version.

In which case the white/yellow would do no good anyway and might as well be
left disconnected at the starter.  Make sure it can't short out to anything
though.

Randall