[TR] Low Oil Pressure and Engine Noises

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Tue Sep 1 21:40:07 MDT 2009

Hi Folks,

The oil pressure on my car is getting too low, and "bad" sounding noises
have started to set in. The noise emanates from the engine area and sounds
like both valve and lower end issues, but I'm not sure. Maybe even timing
chain  noise.  The hotter the engine  gets the worse it gets. The noises
mostly happen under load, so stethoscoping these are difficult.

I could go into all the different chatters, rattling, bonking, pinging, and
thunking, but everyone has their own description of what each sounds like.
Is there a website, maybe even Youtube, that can help me decipher these
noises?

 Thanks!

Johnnie

'67 TR4A