[TR] Windshield Installation Summary and Tonneau Cover Snap Question

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 17:49:37 MST 2009

On 10/28/09, Ben Zwissler <bjzwissler at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...My guess is they go under the round washer and above the
> triangular piece.

Sorry, I do not recall what car is being discussed, but on my TR4 the
stack from top to bottom is bolt head/washer/triangular piece/plate
with snap.  Someone please tell me if that is not right (though they
appeared to be original and unmolested on mine).

I found it helpful to make a slightly larger snap plate for the middle piece:

http://members.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/TonneauSnaps.JPG

This makes it much easier to snap those middle snaps.  I swear the new
tonneaus available are patterned after originals which have shrunk...
for whatever reason they seem to be very tight fits.

Geo