[TR] Electric fan for a TR4

acekraut11 at aol.com acekraut11 at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 14:19:44 MST 2009

 Brian,

I have an electric fan installed on my TR6.  I used the plastic pieces pushed
through the radiator and have had no problems over the last 4 years.  The
bottom of the fan sits on the bottom lip of the radiator so the only thing the
plastic pieces do is to hold the fan flush to the radiator.  That was an
easier solution than removing the radiator and having a bracket fabricated to
hold the fan.  I would recommend a straight on/off switch in addition to the
thermostatic switch.  It is a good fail safe in case the thermo switch decides
not to work and it is handy if you decide that you are going to be working on
the car while it is idling for a long period of time.

My two cents.

Aaron