[TR] Oil pan leak

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue Oct 27 19:20:06 MST 2009

I make sure to put the RTV on very thinly - I use a finger and smear
it on the gasket surface in a very thin layer to minimize the
"strings of gasket".  Good point.  Hylomar is fine too - it's really
intended for two surfaces without a gasket in between.  We used to
use it at the back of a Hewland Gearbox - just aluminum to aluminum
and a thin coat of hylomar.  It also doesn't set up (at least not for
a LOONNNGG time).

- Tony