[TR] Oil pan leak

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 26 16:46:32 MST 2009

> There is a seal around the push rod in the fuel pump that
> keeps oil out of the vent hole and fuel out of the oil (in
> the event of a leaky diaphram). It may be missing or
> defective. The fuel pump rebuild kit that I bought from TRF
> included a new seal.

Just to expand on that a bit, those seals were not included in the rebuild
kits for a long time.  IIRC, even the kit I got in an 'AC' box didn't have
it.  (I found an old brake cylinder seal to use instead.)

I also recently got a kit from TRF that included the seal; but perhaps other
vendors are still selling kits without the seal.

-- Randall