[TR] Oil pan leak

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 26 14:17:16 MST 2009

2500 miles on my TR3 rebuild and no leaks so far. I used Hylomar on the
pan gasket and no special care during installation other than making
sure that the surface was flat.

There is a seal around the push rod in the fuel pump that keeps oil out
of the vent hole and fuel out of the oil (in the event of a leaky
diaphram). It may be missing or defective. The fuel pump rebuild kit
that I bought from TRF included a new seal.

I did take some special care in fitting the road draft tube to the
block. I have read that this is a common place for leaks to occur.

Mike