[TR] TR4A Windshield Installation

Ben Zwissler bjzwissler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 11:41:47 MST 2009

     I'm about to install my windshield glass on my TR4A and I'm looking
for advice on whether to use sealant and what type of sealant to use.
There was sealant between the glass and seal on the old seal, but its
not obvious that there was sealant between the seal and the frame.
Also, when I asked my local auto body supply shop for sealant, the only
thing they had was a urethane sealant in a caulking tube for "modern"
windshields where no rubber seal is used.  Assuming sealant was used,
what type of sealant have people had success with?

I'm tempted to just not use any since I won't be driving regularly in
the rain anyway.  Of course, planning doesn't always stop the rain....

Thanks for any advice.

Ben......

--
Ben Zwissler