[TR] TR3 10" brakes

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Oct 19 15:35:24 MDT 2009

In a message dated 10/19/2009 3:50:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
agraham at execulink.com writes:
> Need a little guidance with trying to piece together 10" rear brakes
> (Girling axle). Can't seem to find any reference photos or details on
> these brakes. They are the brakes without the spring/pin hold down
> through the shoes. They have the felt tipped peg that the shoes rest
> against and is used to adjust the shoes.
> Do the brake return springs go behind or in front of the shoes?
> The shoes have a square 3/4" hole at one end. Does the hole go at the
> adjuster end or cylinder end?
> Thanks for any help with this.

It's been quite a few months since I put my brakes together but with no
hold down springs the return springs must go behind the shoes to keep the
pressure on the felt tipped hold off pins else they would rub the brake drums.  I
don't recall the orientation of the square holes.

Dave