[TR] Cleaning Cardboard Radiator Duct

P Caffrey pcaffrey at ymail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:24:25 MDT 2009

>As I noted in a prior post, I found the repro from Moss to be a very
>nice
duplication of the original, not merely a functional replacement.

Geo,
remember seeing a picture of yours and thinking it fits perfectly, then
someone pointed out that you have a TR4, not 4A.

I would have gladly gone
with a TR4A duct reproduction through Moss or Victoria British,  but that's on
the car now, I believe, and it doesn't fit correctly.  The duct was purchased
from Triumphs Only and it is new, so I can only figure it's a stock
reproduction.  (See Link below.)

I learned that the original radiator ducts
for the TR4 and 4A were of a different size.  If you look at both Moss and
Victoria British, they use the same part # for both ducts.  So the duct is a
generic that kinda fits for a 4A but in a lousy way.
Pat
http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww276/pcaffrey1/TR%20Radiator%20Duct/