[TR] Early TR2 Rear Tail Lights Wanted

Justin Wagner jmwagner at greenheart.com
Wed Oct 14 22:30:43 MDT 2009

Hello all... I'm after yet a pair of the tail lights for my early TR2.

Here is what they look like:

http://www.vtr.org/TR2/NewPhotos/tt2reflector.jpg

The lens "Lucas 471" and "Made in England" embossed in the glass.
Notice that is has a rectangular shape.

These were found on the early TR2s through TS1387.   After this, they
changed to a round type lens.

I really hope I can find an original pair, not reproductions or lens
missing the "Lucas 471" lettering, etc.

Some may recall, I have an early, unmolested, unrestored TR2.  It's my
goal to basically keep it as is, but make it safe to drive, halt
corrosion, and to keep it a good example of an original car, except for
period accessories.

Not to complicate matters, but as a comparison, here is the later TR2
lens assembly (that I do not need...)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1168/532815396_7eca578c32.jpg?v=0

It appears that the lens is a bit more common than the rest of the
assembly.  While the lens was used on various cars of the period, the
bezel may have been unique to the TR2.

--Justin Wagner

P.S.   I still have not found an early TR2 jack.

For more info on TR2s... visit Bill Lynn's article on The VTR web site:
http://www.vtr.org/TR2/terrible_2s.shtml