[TR] Subject: Re: brooklands aero screens

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 19:50:07 MDT 2009

The factory optional "aero windscreen" # 700896, had laminated automotive
safety glass; I had a few replacements due to projectiles on race tracks.
I sit low in the car, and also used helmets.

My car is early enough to have the factory fitting set screws, and it would
 fit behind the regular windscreen.
This is a terrible idea in the rain, as the aeroscreen blocks the demister
(it came with a rubber sealing strip across the bottom) and there is no
hand  room to wipe between the two inner surfaces.

The aero windscreen improves the MPG and MPH a sizable amount, but do use a
 helmet on road or track.

Hardy