[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 488

Alan Myers amfoto1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 09:26:40 MDT 2009

Hi Tom,

What you are describing is a pinstriping tool.

You can fit it with different width paint wheels to make different width
pinstripes. I think some can be fitted with multiple wheels to apply two or
more parallel lines at the same time, too.

Eastwoodco.com sells them, for one.

I'm not sure what the widest wheels are, if they are large enough to use for
the tire like you suggest. Of course you could make a couple passes to make a
wider stripe.

The biggest problem might be finding paint that will stay on the rubber tire
and also work well in the pinstriper. I really don't know, I haven't tried it.

Cheers!

p.s. I have no idea why my replies to this list all seem to have those extra
question marks in them. I'm replying via aol's online email. I ain't no
'pooter tech.

Alan Myers

San Jose, California

amfoto1 at aol.com