[TR] tr-6 brake master cylinders.......

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 20:31:37 MDT 2009

has anyone had problems with tr-6 brake master cylinders lately?  I think
mines roadster factory (no serious complaints i'm still a happy customer).
anyway after changing oil i notice brake fluid leak/drip on the frame, wiped
my hand under the booster and came away with soft paint and handful of fluid
on my hand.  grrrr   I installed a new one within the past year and can't
figure it out.

Did have a very hard time flushing after installation which
confused me..........just very hard to flush and my brakes have been weaker
than i think they should be.  I'm wondering if the line is partially plugged
and the pressure has come back to prematurely wear out the master gaskets.
It'll be a fall/winter tear down project.

just wondering

gary n.