[TR] TR3 Gas Gauge Sending Unit & Breather Leaks

Kinderlehrer Kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Mon Oct 12 17:16:24 MDT 2009

Make sure the Permatex variant you use is not soluable in gasoline or it
will find it's way into the tank and form nice little rubberish srtrings
that combine to form perfectly sized plugs inside the fuel line. Learned
that the hard way. You shouldn't need any sealer on that gasket if both
surfaces are clean and smooth and I think multiple gaskets just give more
opportunities for leaks.  Where is it leaking around the overflow? Where the
bolt goes into the tank, around the banjo fitting, or out the overflow?  I
seem to recall a fiber washer that goes between the banjo fitting and the
tank that is hard to find, but I think an "O" ring will work there.  Bob