[TR] Front End Rebuild Questions

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Sun Oct 11 18:11:52 MDT 2009

Rebuilding the front end on my 75 TR6...I've got all the pieces
apart, more or less, and in the process of cleaning and finishing, I
wondered if there's any consensus regarding paint, POR-15 or powder
coating on the arms and knuckles that make up the suspension?

Also, I can clean the vertical link more easily if I take it
completely apart, removing the steering arm and pressing out the
spindle.  But I wonder how large a can of worms I open if I do that -
any advice?

And finally, I was playing with the new trunnions I got. They are
much tighter than the old ones (which didn't have much slop), but
they are especially tight in the final position.  Not so tight that I
can't turn it by hand, but pretty stiff.  How stiff should they be?

Thanks!

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354