[TR] Rack & pinion conversions for TR3's???

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 17:41:08 MDT 2009

terryrs at comcast.net wrote:
> So far I've kind of enjoyed the perversity of the hard-steering.B  I can see
> myself, though, at some point doing the conversion to simply eliminate the
> hard work it takes to enjoy the car.B

I am way way down the slippery slope.  I converted my 1960 Land Rover to
power steering 10 years ago last July and have never regretted it.  My
TR3 is way harder to steer than my long wheelbase land Rover with the
33inch dia tyres.

All I am looking for is to be able to throw my TR through the curves as
easily as I can throw a TR4 or MGB through.

If anyone would like to save the authenticity of my TR3 I'm willing to
consider a similar condition TR250 or TR5 in trade.

I could also be tempted with a Jag MKIV, a DB just about anything,
246GTS or XK120C in trade.

Teriann