[TR] Aftermarket Heater for TR3?

Karl Vacek kvacek at ameritech.net
Sun Oct 4 20:44:05 MDT 2009

TSF130L had a round Smiths heater in it when I bought it as a 2-year-old
car, in 1965.  I always thought it was original (??)

The same ones are found in T-series MG's, not as factory installations but
as common additions.

Also available are the Arnolt heaters, a period accessory originally
manufactured for S.H.Arnolt Company in Chicago, a large British car importer
and accessory distributor in the late 1940's through early 1960's.  Moss
currently sells (or at least recently sold) a reproduction of this heater -
it's a steel box, roughly a cube.

Both the original Smiths and Arnolt heaters show up on eBay occasionally,
and I think there's a Moss repro on there right now.

Karl