[TR] Car club meetings

FordneyNJ at aol.com FordneyNJ at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 23:12:22 MST 2009

Marty

We are a central New Jersey, all marque club with 90+ family  memberships.
We have grown 10 % this year.  Our club meets on a  set night at a local
restaurant that does not charge for the room. Our  attendance for the past
three months has averaged 42 persons, mostly couples who  arrive early for
dinner. The meetings are somewhat informal and we receive  quite a bit of input,
any topic can be discussed.  Our spouses enjoy  the night out.  We have an
occasional program, some good, some  not.

There are several smaller groups who get together socially, but  everyone
gets along well and we try to reach out to new members.

We do a least 4 tour/drives a year from 50 to 200 miles. The fall run  went
through covered bridges in eastern Pennsylvania with 27 cars divided into 3
 groups.  Always with a lunch stop for socializing. Summer months always
have ice cream runs.  Winter there are impromptu dinners.  We are  always
looking for and open to new ideas.

We have a number of small show/displays supporting the Chamber of Commerce
in several local communities and participate in charity cruise nights. This
year  we moved our annual show to a historic beach town, Ocean Grove,
within sight and  sound of the Atlantic Ocean.  It was a great success and helped
in our  growth.

In short, active and friendly.  I hope this information will be  helpful.

Rodney Ford,  Brick, NJ
President, Positive Earth Drivers Club
TR4A IRS CTC 60536  L
TR7 Spider TPVDJ8AA400612