[TR] Triumph Stag frame dimensions

Glenn A. Merrell - TSN StagByTriumph at triumphstagclub.org
Fri Nov 20 20:13:55 MST 2009

All,
Sorry to deluge all the Triumph lists.
A local repair shoppe has asked me for frame dimensions to put a Stag
they have back to OE points.  Of course I directed them to the Stag ROM
section 76, or to an unbent Stag or two that I have.
Problem is, the points in the Repair Operations Manual are all
referenced to the Six (6) Churchill special frame jig tooling and points
are all measured off of those jigs precision bolt holes or precision
bracket edges for positioning.

I recall when I was a kid at the dealership in Pennsylvania that there
were two US equipment companies - Great Bear, I think was one I remember
that had all the frame points translated to frame checking straightening
equipment buried into concrete from standard datum points that could be
referenced from a set of squared up datum points on a flat floor /
inlaid frame rails.

Has anyone located any of these type of stand alone specifications, the
full set of Churchill tooling, or other datum points and measurements
that can be used to stretch a Stag back into proper "square"?   If so,
please contact me.

Might also be handy to archive this information for all the other
Triumph model lines, but I recall that TR7's and TR8's are programmed
into some of the popular frame straightening equipment.
I know RATCO does TR4/5/250/6 frames and has those jigs, but Stags are a
bit more rare in North America.

Thanks!

--
Glenn Merrell