[TR] Re Boot / Bonnet Hinges

Steve Ball banjonut at verizon.net
Thu Nov 19 22:00:17 MST 2009

With regard to question about which hinge belongs where, I have a question.

It was stated by someone on the list "They are different, the drivers side
hinge angles (a very small
amount) to the right, the passenger to the left."

Does the reference to "angling to the right and left" refer to the fact that
if you sit them flat on a table, they are slightly rotated longitudinally
(lengthwise)....as if they were rolled slightly (one rolled one way, and the
other rolled the other way), or does it refer to some other angle
difference?  Since my car's body is in the shop, along with the boot and
bonnet lids, I can't try a check-fit to see if they are angled in some other
manner...like maybe pointing to the left or right, but I can definitely see
that the one rolls to the right and one to the left.  Is that what I should
be looking for?  Are they supposed to each roll inboard toward the center of
the car....or outboard toward the fenders?  Or am I completely off-track?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Ball
Lompoc Ca
'60 TR3A TS68164L