[TR] Car club meetings

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 20:01:26 MST 2009

Hi Marty;

To a certain extent, we have the same problem but also have several regular
 successes a year that draws a good crowd.

In our experience, the better-attended ones are the multi-club events.
We'll pair up with the local MG Club, the Jaguar Club, etc. If you just have a
"British Car Club", then why not do a joint event with the Italian Car Club
or  the very popular Icelandic Car Club (what?).

This still poses a problem for us. Generally, the local Triumph  club gets
between 5 and 10 cars on a driving/touring event. The MG Club  often has 50
cars. Now, in my mind 50 MG's is not an event, it's a traffic jam.  However,
15 or 20 of a mix of cars might be nice, as long at the MG's can keep  up.

Finally, nothing seems to draw people out like a good party. We always have
 the annual club winter bash at my place and it's one of the best attended.
No  Triumph's show up, of course, for it's January in Ontario and it always
seems to  happen on the coldest day of the year. However, the principle is
there.

Sorry I can't offer more.

Tim

Tim Dyer,  Proprietor
Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
427 Kings Creek Road,  RR3
Ashton, Ontario, K0A 1B0, Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association of Horticulture
Industry  professionals), the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association and
Christmas Tree  Farmers of Ontario