[TR] Caliper Piston Removal

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Nov 11 14:10:15 MST 2009

> The safety aspect is why you should use grease

OTOH, we were talking about the early "one piece" calipers, where there is
essentially no chance for the pistons to fly out.

Since the calipers can't be disassembled, it's also rather difficult to be
sure you've got all the grease cleaned out afterwards.

IMO a piece of 1x2 lumber stuck through the center is plenty of stop for the
piston as it is ejected.  And if your air line can't muster enough pressure;
my favorite trick of filling the inside with solvent, plugging the holes,
and then heating until the solvent boils, will.

-- Randall