[TR] TR3 OD Trans Problem?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Nov 10 22:16:07 MST 2009

Bill,

Sounds to me as though your OD is stuck engaged, somehow.  Your strain on
the relay terminal may have caused a short; or maybe it's just coincidence
that the OD got stuck mechanically.  I'm leaning towards the latter, since
it was apparently already stuck when you tried to back out of the garage.

I would disconnect the solenoid wire from the relay, and see if that frees
up reverse.  If not, it's time to start pulling things apart.

If it does, then you've got an electrical problem, likely the relay itself.

You might also check that you don't have a brake that is hung up; as they
are sometimes more noticeable in reverse.

Oh, and most likely you know this, but : Don't force it backwards if it
doesn't want to go!  It can make an expensive mess out of your OD.

Randall