[TR] Intro & conversation starter

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:32:56 MST 2009

My TR4 is my daily driver -- I'm in it every day.  Not much snow in
Southern Arizona though once in awhile it catches you (with the top
down):

http://members.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/Snow2.JPG

You're wise to the value of overdrive though, since you don't see
yourself as a purist, you might want to look at the alternatives that
permit the use of a Toyota (and other) 5-speed in the TR6.

Several systems are out there using either adaptors or purpose-cast
bellhousings.  Even the original style OD is available as a rebuilt
from a very reliable source.  All cost a thou or two but then you'll
likely pay a similar premium for a TR6 with working OD on board -- so
what I'm saying is if you find the right car w/o OD you have some
options available.

Geo