[TR] Intro & conversation starter

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Thu Nov 5 21:25:41 MST 2009

On 5 Nov 2009 at 19:02, Russell Barr wrote:

> But here's the thing that I'm almost scared to admit in the
> company of purists: I'm going to drive this car in the rain,
> and probably even snow & ice too.

I wouldn't worry about the purists with regards driving in the rain.
Some of us (mind you, I'm not a concourse-type purist though I do
appreciate the aesthetics of having things original) hold to the idea
that driving a Triumph is the best thing one can do with and for it.
In decent weather I been driving mine to work, 50 miles one way.
Sharon and I have camped out of both car several times, even for a
week on Mt. Desert, Maine, about 5 hours from home, in the Spitfire
and GT6 in adjacent years.  (The temperature got down into the 20's
during the late fall trip in the GT6, and a hurricane dropped much
much rain on the Spitfire trip.)

However driving in the snow and ice isn't such a good idea if your
roads get salted.  Of course, I'm sure you know all about that.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+