[TR] Bleeding Problems

Tom Wagner tom.wags at gmail.com
Sun May 31 14:42:52 MDT 2009

The List:

I have a 72 TR6 that recently had problems with the PDWA Switch where
by I needed to remove it and in doing so also need to take out the
lines from the master cylinder.

After putting it all back together with new silicone fluid and speed
bleeders in the calipers and drums,  I am having problems getting it
to bleed.  The furthest rear cylinder(Right Rear) I can get fluid to
come out just fine, but not on the other three.  In further
investigation, every time my assistant(wife) presses the pedal to get
the fluid down the line, I notice that there are air bubbles coming
out of the reservoir for the front part of the system.

I have 2 chambers in the master cylinder(in front of the Servo), as
one goes to the rear and one goes to the front brakes.

So my question is with both front bleeders open is there a way to
force the fluid down the line to force all the air out of the lines,
or will it have an effect on the rear ones if I did that???

Thanks for the help in advance.

--
Tom Wagner
72 TR 6