[TR] How long did it take?

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Wed May 27 09:44:37 MDT 2009

Thanks to all who had input to my seemingly unanswerable question! Lots of
you said "years", and yes I spent nearly 3 years on my 67 TR4A, but when I
thought about the actual time spent, I estimated it was a few hours a day
(sometimes more sometimes none at all), added it all up and come up with my
rough figure of 1500 hours. And I believe the data shows that to be a pretty
decent estimate.

So, if anyone else is a data junkie like me, all the input I received from
this list as well as other lists and friends tells me that to bring a TR
from a "5" to a "2" will take the average Joe about 1600 hours. Of course,
there are MANY extenuating factors like rust, accident damage, unavailable
parts, and general life occurrences. And just like building a house, much of
the progress is made early on in big brush strokes while the finish work
takes forever. The data shows that going from a "5" to a "4" takes roughly
100 hours, but from a "4" to a "3" takes 500 hours! The next couple of steps
take the same kind of big jumps.

As an interesting point, I had zero people tell me they brought their car to
a "1". That means people are actually driving their cars and not building
trailer queens! :-)

If you have input but didn't want to publicize, send to me directly and I'll
aggregate in to the rest of the data. Send it to 308gtsi at roadrunner.com

Thanks again to all and I hope you find this data useful!

Brian

Looking for my next car project and marketing client.