[TR] Heard on Sunday in UK at Standard-Triumph Marque Day

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Mon May 25 13:06:10 MDT 2009

S-T Marque Day in the UK was the hottest day of the year, so far. Held at RAF Duxford - a branch of
The Imperial War Museum - and near Cambridge.
Organisers said there were about 750 cars present. My wife and a friend were walking to buy
ice-cream and overheard the following:

A little girl (about 3 years old) was walking along the serried ranks of gleaming cars with her
Mummy.
"Mummy!!!! Look, there's another old Trump!!!"
"No darling, ssshhhh - you don't say trump. It's Triumph"

(For those of us divided by a common language, the use of 'trump' in the UK is the more polite term
for flatulence)

So probably, if we'd all listened very carefully during the day, we might have *heard* the odd
trump - but there's absolutely no doubt on another score and that was the number of Old Trumps
driving them. I'm pleased to say I was one of them!

Jonmac