[TR] [Shop-talk] Cell-phone coverage in USA and Canada for charity tour?

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Fri May 22 14:49:22 MDT 2009

Thanks, friend.

> If the intent is to communicate with your convoy, you might consider a
> direct radio link, like the FRS walkie-talkies or the venerable Citizens
> Band radios.

There's going to be quite enough in the car anyway, without CB's :) The need is simply to be able to
have contact with the various people who are kindly accommodating me - as well as them being able to
call me. FWIW, the phone will go in its own cradle on the screen and I'll have a bluetooth thingie
in my ear. I've got accustomed to this kind of set-up as cellphone use here and in Europe means 4
points on your licence and a very substantial fine if the police see you with the cellphone held to
your ear while driving the car. One of the few motoring laws which I feel are sensible.

JM