[TR] Bonnets, was Re: vote criterion

bill_beecher at flash.net bill_beecher at flash.net
Thu May 21 20:07:43 MDT 2009

John,
The same reasons we all search out and buy the cars of our youth, whether we
owned them or only dreamed of them.  If by some stretch of the imagination
we can, by restoring these cars back to their original factory appearance
(inside and out), we can vicariously be restored to our original and rugged
good looks.   I fully appreciate your position in that you lived with these
cars for much of your life and we just got them as beaters in out youth but
they were great beaters.  I hope you realize the envious position that you
are in having had full access as you did, for me this would been my
kid-in-the-candy-factory times two dream!

When I am driving my sidescreen, I am twenty again and life is good... You
can't do that with the bonnet & boot lid up in the air (although I did have
the bonnet come fully open on a friend's MGA at full speed on I-95 one
evening!)

My vote: Keep 'em closed and let's DRIVE!!

All the best,

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (On the road in 2009!)
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO (in buckets, for sale... anyone?)