[TR] Anyone use or know of: Evans NPG+ coolant?

aribert at c3net.net aribert at c3net.net
Mon May 18 11:12:49 MDT 2009

Does anyone on this list know of this product or have first hand
experience with it? This product has a 375 boil point. Other than cost,
what are they not conveying in their web page?  If this stuff works, it
would be a whole lot more economical than an Aluminum GT6 radiator.
http://www.evanscooling.com/html/auto1.htm

A little background - my GT6 (back in it's stock coupe configuration)
never had an overheating issue.  Along with the Spit body, I upgraded to a
5 row radiator core and the 2.5L engine (the head is now shaved 0.140
inches).  THis morning driving to work the ambient temp was 37 deg F.  I
choose not to turn the auxillary pusher cooling fan on (stock GT6 plastic
fan is still in place and functioning).  My drive is about 12 miles of
traffic lights every mile (stopped for one light cycle, 45 mph between the
lights).  Followed by about 6 miles of Interstate at 70+ mph.  THe water
temp needle was within 1/16 inch of touching the red. The water temp did
not drop while on the freeway.  From past testing, the water temp in the
upper rad tank / upper rad hoses in 210 deg F at this gage reading.  From
past experience, when the needle is centered on the red mark on the gage,
the car begins to boil over.