[TR] TR4 carpet installation details

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 11:45:24 MDT 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 6:50 AM, <dmericas at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> ...For example, how are the three carpet pieces that drape the tansmission
> tunnel affixed? I can't tell from any of the catalog and workshop manuals
> that I've got.

The tunnel pieces are secured using the ring-with-pointy-thing and it's
complementary female snap (called a Veltex).  The male snap is on the metal
or fibreboard tunnel cover.  The 3-pc carpet snap is Moss p/n 228-128.

If you have neither the original carpet nor the original fibreboard tunnel
then location is approximate.

I have attached 2 photos -- since the snaps are almost invisible once
installed I have used a bit of white tape where each is located.

First photo in the rear (metal) tunnel.  One pair of snaps near the forward
edge -- perhaps you still have the male snap on the tunnel or at least the
hole where it was riveted.  The rear of that carpet is secured by the
eye-bolts for the seat belts.

Second photo shows one side of the main tunnel, it is secured to the tunnel
by 3 pairs of those same snaps.

If I have missed anything someone tell me.

I realize that the list version of this message will have the images
stripped off -- if anyone wants to see them pmail me.

Dean -- let me know if you need other pics or some measurements.

Geo

PS -- To locate the snaps you can put the male snaps on, then press the
correctly positioned carpet firmly against it leaving an impression that
will tell you where to mount the female snap.  If the carpet you are using
doesn't leave an impression then a bit of white chalk on the male snap will
mark the spot well.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of TunnelCarpet1.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of TunnelCarpet2.JPG]