[TR] TR switch, lock insert - Resolution

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri May 15 22:29:45 MDT 2009

Well, the guy at Moss never called back as he said he would so I continued
to mess with putting the new tumbler into my ignition switch.

After some input from Pete Groh, I determined that the new tumbler was more
squared-off and the spring pin sat just a little higher than the old one so
I carefully sanded all the edges on the end of the tumbler and beveled the
pin just a skosh.  It took a light rap with a pair of pliers but it dropped
right in and works perfectly.  Now all my locks are keyed-alike!  Thanks
Pete for your input that led me to the solution.

Now, fearless from this victory, I need to replace the black plastic parts
on the control head and re-install the stator tube.  From what everyone on
the list seems to indicate, this should be a major milestone in the
restoration process!

Have a great weekend, think about we who are still in the garage whilst you
are driving the hills of the countryside.

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (On the road in 2009!)
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO (in buckets, for sale... anyone?)