[TR] Stay away from California!

nwolf at u.washington.edu nwolf at u.washington.edu
Wed May 13 10:19:53 MDT 2009

>I have often wondered about this logic of two separate chambers for the
>fluid.  It would seem to me that to have the full capacity of the can
>available would be the safer route, especially for the brakes.  Or the
>greater fear that there is more exposure to failure of both systems should
>one system fail?
>
>Bill Beecher

   I think it's partly for the latter reason, and partly so that when you have separate reservoirs, you can tell which system is leaking.
   The BMW 2002 has an interesting variation, if I recall correctly.  Clutch and brakes share the same fluid, but the clutch hose is connected higher on the side of the reservoir.  If you've got a leak, you'll lose the clutch first before the brakes are affected.  An early warning system!
-Nick
Seattle
'62-ish TR4