[TR] upholstery, ZDDP, etc...

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri May 8 17:18:01 MDT 2009

>Peter Arakelian wrote:B
>OK, guys I'm here and I have my flame suit on...

You know, I've been on the List for four or five years now.B  But I've never
related this.

About 7 years ago now, I happened to remember back in 1970 being in my '65 AH
Sprite coming back to Point Mugu Naval Airbase from Ventura Junior College one
night.B  A friend of mine from the base passed me in a very cool TR3A.B  I
think I was still 17, maybe 18 by then, so I tried to catch up.B

No-no.B  No way.

On a whim, 7 years ago, after that memory, I did a search on the internet to
see what might be available for the car I always wished I could have had.B
Found one in Osinnee, NY, in a shed with a '49 MGT(D?C?) in pieces, and next
to a couple of Sunbeams.B  Five hundred dollars, no floors, racoon dung
everywhere, ...you get the picture.

Did a search on the internet before I contacted the seller to see if parts
were available.B  Didn't have much hope.

But then I found Moss, TRF, VB, and Clubs galore....B  I have never forgotten
the rush of excitement I felt when I discovered that it wasn't some larcenous
supplier selling parts out of his garage, but instead there were three
reputable dealers with a penchant for customer service.B

Let's keep our eye on the ball, people.B  I for one haveB gotten a big piece
of a long-time dream thanks to these suppliers.B  ...Well, thanks to them, a
lot of sweat, no end of skinned knuckles, a cranky wife about the replacement
parts, a daughter disgusted with the rusted hulk that for a time dominated the
yard....

Hmmm...come to think of it, why the heck DID I do it??????

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire