[TR] moss interiors

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri May 1 18:14:06 MDT 2009

On Friday 01 May 2009 07:47:33 pm spook01 wrote:
> hello all,
> I received a panel kit for my early tr4 today from moss, and I must say I
> am disappointed.
> I am not saying it is a terrible kit, and it DOES sort of approximate the
> original....BUT there are significant differences between it and the
> factory panels.
> where my door panels and wheel panels (and others) have a heat embossed
> accent strip, the moss kit has a cheesy series of stitches that sort of
> reminds one of how the originals looked.  or of a fiat interior in the
> 70's.
> I think I will return this set, (and by the bye, the price wasn't cheesy)
> and seek elsewhere.
> before I do send these back, does anyone have knowledge of anyone who makes
> the panels with the heat embossing?
> this is for a early tr4 convertible....
> Best,
> Ray
Ray,

You might want to send an email to http://www.john-skinner.co.uk/.

I ordered a seat re-upholstery set for my TR6 project as it is made to
original specs. I have seen photos of the kits and the finished project on the
6-pack forum and they are top quality.

My guess is that the interior panels would be as good.

Next year, I plan to order the 6 project interior from them as well.

Their stuff is usually made to order so there can a wait. Their prices are very
good but one does take a beating on the shipping!

Bob

Bob