[TR] Stub Axle TR2-6

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 31 08:26:53 MST 2009

> Does anyone have any suggested home garage methods for
> removing a stub axle from the vertical link on the TR2-6?
> This is a TR4A. I have new stub axles but would prefer not to
> bludgeon the old ones beyond use with a BFH.

I did it, once, by stacking up pieces of pipe & washers, and using a Grade 8
nut on the end as a puller.  Tightened it until I thought it likely to strip
the threads, then rapped smartly on the other end with a BFH (and a nut to
protect the threads).  It worked, but I would not particularly recommend it.

Better IMO to strip the VL and take it to someone with a proper press.  I
have my own now, but in years past I have found that most full line auto
parts stores have one in the back and will either do the job for not much
money, or in some cases let you do it yourself for goodwill.  If your FLAPS
doesn't have one, try an automotive machine shop.

Randall