[TR] Stub Axle TR2-6

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue Mar 31 07:42:53 MST 2009

Here's the instructions that Jack wrote about this for the HD spindle kit:
"Remove the old spindle. This is usually (but not always) pretty easy
and can be done on the car. Remove the bolts that hold the upper ball
joint in place, swing the upright down and onto a wood block, for
example, screw the inner nut to the end of the threads, and hit the
end of the stub axle HARD. The old stub axle usually falls out."

You screw the nut to the end of the threads to protect the end of the
axle from mushrooming.  I pretty much followed this method, but I'm
not sure how good the threads are on the ones that came out of my car
- but I didn't intend to re-use them anyway.

- Tony