[TR] Cars shipped out

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Mar 26 12:40:56 MST 2009

In a message dated 3/26/2009 12:08:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
don at napanet.net writes:
> Just read the posting from the fellow in France trying to get the history
> of his
> CA TR3.  I wonder how many of our treasured and loved old British cars have
> been shipped to other countries.  It's no wonder that our hobby is
> struggling
> here.  The British sports car hobby was huge in the US back in the day.

I doubt the hobby is struggling from lack of cars.  Just look at the wrecking
yards.  Hardly a month goes by without somebody offering up a still born
restoration project for sale, cheap.

The single best thing that would support the hobby is a stronger demand for
these cars and the resulting higher retail they would command as a result.

Dave