[TR] Cars shipped out

don at napanet.net don at napanet.net
Thu Mar 26 10:35:19 MST 2009

Just read the posting from the fellow in France trying to get the history of his
CA TR3.  I wonder how many of our treasured and loved old British cars have
been shipped to other countries.  It's no wonder that our hobby is struggling
here.  The British sports car hobby was huge in the US back in the day.

I posted once to the MG list that it would be nice if we had a sort of trust of
some kind that kept the remaining cars here in the US.  I got hate emails from
Europe and Australia saying "no fair, you guys got all the cars when they were
new, and it's only fair that they go elsewhere now."

My old MGA is in France; my first TR8 went to Germany; second TR8 to Canada; my
MGBs are in various European countries.  Oh well.

Don Scott
1962 MGA Mk II
1973 MGB GT
1991 Miata BRG