[TR] very OT - New Jersey Beaches

dave1massey at cs.com dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Mar 26 05:01:11 MST 2009

 Highway 160 which crosses the state just north of the border with Arkansas is an interesting drive.? Highway 19 from 160 north to I-70 is a fun road, too and it goes through Hermann, MO which was a hot spot of German sympathizers during WWII.? Hermann has some interesting architecture and a couple of pretty good wineries.

Highway 94 from Jefferson City to Weldon Springs is scenic and? follows the Missouri River so it winds around and changes grade frequently but it does get congested east of Augusta so a diversion to Defiance and Daniel Boone's home (not the one in Pennsylvania but the his later home).

Onondogoa Cave is one of the prettier caves in the country and certainly much better than Meramec Caverns which is near by.

Personally, I eschew Lake of the Ozarks so I can't help much with Bagnell Dam.

There are other interesting drives around here, some of which involve ferry rides across the Mississippi if you are interested.

Dave

Any specific recommendations?  I'm hoping to get to see the Ozark mountains
again in a few weeks (just passing through, unfortunately not in a Triumph),
and might swing over by Bagnell dam if there is time.