[TR] TR6 transmission?

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Wed Mar 25 23:32:08 MST 2009

Thanks to all who chipped in on this question.  There's been a wide
range of prices and opinions offered as might be expected given the
vagueness of the question.  I was looking to sell the 4 speed
transmission that came with my TR6 and had purportedly been rebuilt as
the same time as the engine in early 1997.  I replaced it with an OD
transmission from my rustbucket TR6 parts car in 1998 so it didn't
have a lot of miles on it as far as I knew and it was a good old rock
solid TR6 transmission that had synchros good enough to up shift with
out the clutch.

The range was from: give it away to $450 by the way.  But the comments
about the parts in the tranny that are apparently made of "unobtanium"
carried the day.  Being a pack rat anyhow I was just looking for an
excuse to hold on to the tranny so I guess i will keep it for the
various parts that a few people ( such as Berry below) mentioned that
are not available in the catalogs.
Thanks
Bud

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net